Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to export 'Data with current layout'

I have a user with an export issue that occurs with a table in our report.

Clicking the three dots > Export data > Data with current layout > Export, the client finds that although the 'Exporting data' popup appears, the process quickly fails with 'File couldn't be created'. Using the 'Summary data' option works just fine.

The export size should be around 7000 rows… He said to me that last month it was running fine !

The user has viewer privileges, but on my performant machine also with admin privileges I get the same error.

We are in a premium workspace.

Any ideas?

Hi @marcl1 

For Data with current layout , export has a line limit of 150,000 lines . @Anonymous  I tested the scene you mentioned , there is no limit on the number of columns, maybe my data is not enough. You can raise a support ticket if you have a Pro license.

Ailsamsft_0-1659598809893.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @marcl1 

I tested this function and everything works fine. Have you tried exporting data with current layout from other reports ? 

Best Regards,

marcl1
Helper II

Morning,

in the same report on another page with the same filters (but other data & measures) everything works fine...

the problem seems really restricted to the specific example...

marcl1
Helper II

Hi,

by digging further i've realized that it was using too much capacity for all the calculations, so i've changed the structure of the report using much more the dimension tables and not solely the data from the fact table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also seeing this issue.

I have a few matrix table visuals where the operation works, but one specifically that fails.

This was working over the past 9months, and now is not working. 

marcl1
Helper II

in my case the fact table length increases each month (now a bit more than 12M rows) and a few measures YTD in the matrix...

could it explain the problem in the export?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have isolated the issue to when 14 columns are expanded in the matrix it fails. If you collapse the matrix to 13 columns, then the export runs fine. 

@v-yetao1-msft  is this being investigated as an open issue, or should I raise a ticket?

Note - this was previoulsy working fine for the past 9 months or so, and now is not working. 

Thanks!

marcl1
Helper II

@Anonymous 

i had discovered that without expanding my last column (the 14th ) it was working fine, but i couldn't imagine that the number of column could be the issue !

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @marcl1 

For Data with current layout , export has a line limit of 150,000 lines . @Anonymous  I tested the scene you mentioned , there is no limit on the number of columns, maybe my data is not enough. You can raise a support ticket if you have a Pro license.

Ailsamsft_0-1659598809893.png

Best Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@marcl1 

It would seem that way to me. Even with 1 record in the matrix it is failing to export.

As I said, this has been in a production report working fine for over 9 months, and only reently seems to be an issue.

tameezmoosa
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft 

I am having the same issue when trying export with the current layout. My extract has been working for over a year and only this month had an issue

It looks like if i colapse up to 13 columns it works any more and it gives the following error:

tameezmoosa_0-1659606106075.png