Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to create new dataflow - just spins after hitting Next

Since this morning we've had issues in our tenant creating new dataflows - after entering connection details and clicking next, the dataflow GUI just spins. There are no issues with the gateways as they are fulfilling refresh requests just fine. Was there a deployment for dataflows recently? 

I'm in North Central US btw

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

ChrisBurgessACT
Frequent Visitor

Hey All
cache clearing didnt work for me.
Ive tried multiple browsers and machines and all get stuck on 'Validating queries' for previously saved/scheduled dataflows.

I have a 42 output schema that is currently sitting there.....
So i think in my case it is a PB service issue not local

Cheers

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also tried the cache thing, signing out and in, no change. When trying to edit my existing Dataflow, it sits for about 30 min or more before providing some sort of error message (without any real details as to why). Definitely a PBI Service isse.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you sign out of Power BI, and sign back in after clearing your cache? Then go back into the data flow? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, also logged in and out of Power BI. Just got the error trying again this morning, Just says it had an internal error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Can you please go to your dataflow settings. Under credentials, Edit Credentials and re-log in. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was a no go as well. I am using the gateway connection assignment for this dataflow source, but I updated that gateway's credentials again. No change. Still fails to update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll probably open a PBI Support ticket and provide the error details to see what they say.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's frustrating. Sorry to hear that. Did you install the latest gateway? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Yes I was able to get the latest gateway installed, but the problem continues even now, weeks later.

Not long after my latest posts here, I submitted a Support Ticket and Microsoft's response was there was issues with something that cause them to revert back to the old method of full validation upon saving. They are working towards a completely new approach to validation overall that will work with other future features I believe, but this improved validation process could take awhile to release.

Looks like for now we are stuck using the old validation method............