Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to copy/paste matrix visuals from one report to another June 2019 release.

I am unable to copy/paste certain matrixes from one report to another. Some work, others don't. I'm not able to figure out what might be causing this. I've tried a combination of visuals with filter, conditional formatting, date hierarchies. Nothing sticks out as causing the issue.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

May I know is there any error occurs when you copy and paste the matrix visual between different reports? Does the issue only happen to the matrix visual? 

There are three June Power BI desktop versions already released. You can update your Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.70.5494.761 then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded, but I am still having the problem for certain matrixes. It is only happening on the matrix visual that I can tell. I was able to copy paste tables and charts. I was able to copy paste some matrixes, so I'm not sure what would be causing the issues with others. And yes, I am trying to paste from 1 pbix file to another using the same dataset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the message on the error:

Feedback Type:

Frown (Error)

Error Message:

An error occurred while rendering the report.

Stack Trace:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'From' of undefined

at fixBasicFilterVariations (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreui.js:3678:87)

at Object.<anonymous> (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/exploreui.js:3607:41)

at step (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/powerbidesktopcommon.js:262:23)

at Object.next (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/powerbidesktopcommon.js:214:20)

at fulfilled (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/powerbidesktopcommon.js:192:32)

at processQueue (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:17183:37)

at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:17231:27

at Scope.$digest (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/angular.js:18366:15)

at ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:29778:87

at ZoneDelegate.invoke (ms-pbi://pbi.microsoft.com/minerva/scripts/desktop.js:57634:176)

Stack Trace Message:

An error occurred while rendering the report.

Invocation Stack Trace:

at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<HandleException>b__0()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.SynchronizationContextExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass0_1.<SendAndMarshalExceptions>b__0(Object null)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)

at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.WebDialogs.WebDialog.<>n__0(IWindowHandle owner)

at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.WindowManager.ShowModal[T](T dialog, Func`1 showModalFunction)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Main>b__1()

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()

at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

JS Error Message:

Cannot read property 'From' of undefined

AS Live Connection:

True

Performance Trace Logs:

C:\Users\dcorson\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\PerformanceTraces.zip

Enabled Preview Features:

PBI_improvedFilterExperience

PBI_keyDrivers

PBI_userFavoriteResourcePackagesEnabled

Disabled Preview Features:

PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled

PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled

PBI_NewWebTableInference

PBI_showIncrementalRefreshPolicy

PBI_showManageAggregations

PBI_qnaLiveConnect

Disabled DirectQuery Options:

TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:

GlobalCloud

Recent Actions:

CreateSection, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste

Formulas:

section Section1;

Active Section Contract:

{"name":"ReportSection4f604dd5559b18de4ec5","displayName":"Page 1","filters":"[]","ordinal":3,"visualContainers":[{"x":606.8965517241379,"y":47.44827586206897,"z":0,"width":673.1034482758621,"height":494.3448275862069,"config":{"name":"2a06bd6e1ae1648525e2","layouts":[{"id":0,"position":{"x":606.8965517241379,"y":47.44827586206897,"z":0,"width":673.1034482758621,"height":494.3448275862069,"tabOrder":0}}],"singleVisual":{"visualType":"lineClusteredColumnComboChart","projections":{"Category":[{"queryRef":"DimCalendar.BIC Fiscal Month.Variation.Date Hierarchy.Year","active":true},{"queryRef":"DimCalendar.BIC Fiscal Month.Variation.Date Hierarchy.Quarter","active":true},{"queryRef":"DimCalendar.BIC Fiscal Month.Variation.Date Hierarchy.Month"}],"Y":[{"queryRef":"FactForecast.Jan Rolling Forecast $"},{"queryRef":"FactSalesOrders.Shipped (OIS) + Collab $"},{"queryRef":"FactSalesOrders.Shipped (OIS) + Consensus $"}],"Y2":[{"queryRef":"FactSalesOrders.Shipped (Actual) $ PY"}]},"prototypeQuery":{"Version":2,"From":[{"Name":"d","Entity":"DimCalendar"},{"Name":"f","Entity":"FactForecast"},{"Name":"f1","Entity":"FactSalesOrders"}],"Select":[{"HierarchyLevel":{"Expression":{"Hierarchy":{"Expression":{"PropertyVariationSource":{"Expression":{"SourceRef":{"Source":"d"}},"Name":"Variation","Property":"BIC Fiscal Month"}},"Hierarchy":"Date Hierarchy"}},"Level":"Year"},"Name":"DimCalendar.BIC Fiscal Month.Variation.Date Hierarchy.Year"},{"HierarchyLevel":{"Expression":{"Hierarchy":{"Expression":{"PropertyVariationSource":{"Expression":{"SourceRef":{"Source":"d"}},"Name":"Variation","Property":"BIC Fiscal Month"}},"Hierarchy":"Date Hierarchy"}},"Level":"Quarter"},"Name":"DimCalendar.BIC Fiscal Month.Variation.Date Hierarchy.Quarter"},{"HierarchyLevel":{"Expression":{"Hierarchy":{"Expression":{"PropertyVariationSource":{"Expression":{"SourceRef":{"Source":"d"}},"Name":"Variation","Property":"BIC Fiscal Month"}},"Hierarchy":"Date Hierarchy"}},"Level":"Month"},"Name":"DimCalendar.BIC Fiscal Month.Variation.Date Hierarchy.Month"},{"Measure":{"Expression":{"SourceRef":{"Source":"f"}},"Property":"Jan Rolling Forecast $"},"Name":"FactForecast.Jan Rolling Forecast $"},{"Measure":{"Expression":{"SourceRef":{"Source":"f1"}},"Property":"Shipped (OIS) + Collab $"},"Name":"FactSalesOrders.Shipped (OIS) + Collab $"},{"Measure":{"Expression":{"SourceRef":{"Source":"f1"}},"Property":"Shipped (OIS) + Consensus $"},"Name":"FactSalesOrders.Shipped (OIS) + Consensus $"},{"Measure":{"Expression":{"SourceRef":{"Source":"f1"}},"Property":"Shipped (Actual) PY $"},"Name":"FactSalesOrders.Shipped (Actual) $ PY"}]},"drillFilterOtherVisuals":true,"objects":{"valueAxis":[{"properties":{"secShow":{"expr":{"Literal":{"Value":"false"}}}}}],"lineStyles":[{"properties":{"stepped":{"expr":{"Literal":{"Value":"false"}}},"strokeLineJoin":{"expr":{"Literal":{"Value":"'round'"}}},"showMarker":{"expr":{"Literal":{"Value":"false"}}}}}]},"vcObjects":{"title":[{"properties":{"background":{"solid":{"color":{"expr":{"ThemeDataColor":{"ColorId":3,"Percent":0}}}}},"fontColor":{"solid":{"color":{"expr":{"ThemeDataColor":{"ColorId":0,"Percent":0}}}}},"alignment":{"expr":{"Literal":{"Value":"'center'"}}}}}]}}},"filters":"[]"}],"config":{},"displayOption":1,"width":1280,"height":720}

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

>> I upgraded, but I am still having the problem for certain matrixes

Is there any specific settings made to these matrices? Please add a new matrix visual to the report and drag the same columns/measures to this new matrix, without any other settings change in Format pane. Copy this new matrix and paste it in another pbix report, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu