Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to connect to data source undefined

Hi, I am having issues refreshing my data on PBI online with the following message coming up when trying to refresh my dataset

"Unable to connect to data source undefined"  

• Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-C-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID7dcceefa-1cc9-4198-a09b-812ec3638f03
  • Request IDf9e63a38-af5a-df5f-28f4-2435d627c6a2
  • Time2022-01-19 13:56:09Z

I have tried various fixes such as privacy level settings, database name check, re-installing gateway, using only one data source.  Under settings>gateway>Data Source Settings I get the message that the connection is succesful but again when I go to refresh i get that same error "Unable to connect to data source undefined".  I have been trying for a number of days now and have totally hit a brick wall, any help would be greatly received.

Hi,

According to my research in the internal tool using the request ID, here’s the error messag I got:

Received error payload from gateway service with ID 143981: Mashup expression evaluation error.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

According to my research in the internal tool using the request ID, here’s the error messag I got:

Received error payload from gateway service with ID 143981: Mashup expression evaluation error.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

TMELN21
Frequent Visitor

@v-robertq-msft 

Hi Robert,

Thanks for Investigating, not sure what is meant by: 

"Received error payload from gateway service with ID 143981: Mashup expression evaluation error"

Any help would be greatful as this is now impacting on the company I work for as we are unable to see the updated data.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, 

As far as I’m concerned, when the error message is about the Mashup in the Power BI, it usually means there are some connection issues between the on-premise data source and the on-premise gateway of Power BI.

In my opinion, if you want to get a solution for this kind of data source connection problem as soon as possible, I suggest you to open a support ticket to get the direct help from the technical support team of Microsoft to have a remote session with them to help you to make sure if this is an issue existing in the Power BI.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Poojashree
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I am facing issue while refreshing data on Powerbi service which connects to SQL database. Datasource connection is showing sucessfull on PowerBI service but still shows following error while refresing(Manually & Scheduled refresh). 

Unable to connect to the data source undefined.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.Hide details

• Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID00088a1b-55ac-4025-a226-bd7756ca7a95
  • Request ID366b0dee-7b9c-e9db-82ac-e9c64f00d7fa
  • Time2022-05-31 06:33:31Z
    Any help/Suggestions will be highly appriciable

Thanks & regards,

Poojashree