Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to connect to Redshift

Hi,

I failed to connect to an Amazon Redshift cluster from my PC via network load balancer on AWS with the following error message.

"ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [Microsoft][Amazon Redshift] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: [SQLState 08S01] server certificate for "[redshift server name]" does not match host name "[load balancer name]"

The settings on AWS are correct since I can connect to my Redshift cluster with exactly the same connection information using an DB tool, so the cause should be somewhere on Power BI side.

Kindly investigate this bug and provide me the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may  resolve the issue with data source settings. disabled encryption option and it works.

Here is more detail about Incorta connectivity in Power BI 

Solved: Amazon Redshift - ODBC Error while connecting to I... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous ,

You may  resolve the issue with data source settings. disabled encryption option and it works.

Here is more detail about Incorta connectivity in Power BI 

Solved: Amazon Redshift - ODBC Error while connecting to I... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing the solution with me.

We have successfully solved the issue.

Regards,

Eiko

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

After I uploaded my pbix file to Power BI on browser, I cannot connect to my database again.

The error messasge is exactly the same as I reported on 26th Jan.

My database is behind network load balancer(nlb) and nlb transfers the connections to my database.

In this situation how should I solve the connection issue?

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kindly give me some advice on this matter.

Thank you,

Eiko