Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to connect to Project Online

Previously I was able to connect to Project online using Power BI.  I am now unable to connect to the Project Online Data Set using PowerBI.

I used it for two sites and both are now unable to connect whereas one was able to connect previously

error powerbi.JPG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

The fix should be available in 1st week of Jan 2017.

Best Regards,

Herbert

andrear

Thank you Herbert.  Please keep me posted this is critical for us.

Andrea

Smithbster
Frequent Visitor

Please, what is the status of this issue ... my clients are very upset that their reports are not refreshing.  It has almost been a month since this issue was logged and for clients not to have report refresh daily for that length of period has put me in the hot-seat as i assured them service delivery if they chose online over on-premis.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Smithbster

You can see the status of this issue in http://support.powerbi.com.

As far as I know, the fix will be available on 12/26/2016.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Smithbster
Frequent Visitor

Excellent - thank you Herbert

Smithbster
Frequent Visitor

Hi Herbert,

I am now able to "get" the Microsoft Project sample dashboard (incl. reports and dataset).  However, the reports i had created via PowerBI Desktop (to the same tenant as the Microsoft Project sample pack which successfully accepted the OAuth2 credentials) is failing with "Failed to update data source credentials".

Will there be a further fix release for this?

Thanks,

Brent

aletyska
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem here.

I can connect and update information on PBI Desktop querying Project Online OData Feed.

However, when i publish it to the Power BI service and try to update credentials in the data sources i get always the error "Failed to update data source credentials".

I've opened and issue here , but i got no response.

Are there any fix on this issue?