Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to configure On-premises Gateway using Power Bi account

I'm trying to configure On premesis data gateway using Power BI account details, unfortunately i'm getting below error.

Manasa_Rao_0-1638855249344.png

Hi @Manasa_Rao 

To make it more clear, I need to confirm several questions with you.

1 May I know whether your machine needs proxy to communicate with external network?

2 Have you ever configured gateway on the same machine before?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Manasa_Rao 

To make it more clear, I need to confirm several questions with you.

1 May I know whether your machine needs proxy to communicate with external network?

2 Have you ever configured gateway on the same machine before?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Manasa_Rao
Helper I
Hi, 1. yes, 2. I was keep trying to configure, but it was not configured correctly .
Manasa_Rao
Helper I
I have installed personal mode gateway and I successfully connected to Teradata, But I'm unable to connect azure sql database. Personal mode gateway Error Failed to update data source credentials: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 25 - Connection string is not valid)Hide details Activity ID: 6ce367e4-fb25-4311-9394-0706b25bbe87 Request ID: 3476b605-f66d-4ddf-966d-0039dab012ba Status code: 400 Time: Wed Dec 08 2021 10:56:19 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time) Service version: 13.0.17293.38 Client version: 2112.1.08979-train Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-h-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/