Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to cast object of type 'ComDataConvert' to type 'ComDataConvert'.

Unable to cast object of type 'ComDataConvert' to type 'ComDataConvert'. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. The sync works perfectly on power bi desktop. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments
Xebulon

I think, I found a resolve for this problem: "Unable to cast object of type 'ComDataConvert' to type 'ComDataConvert'.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface"

Power BI connects to SQL Server via three OLE DB sessions.

So first three queries run perfectly, but next other queries may be crashed.

Resolve: in the Power BI Datasets you use only 3-4 table --> write denormalized view instead of separated tables; resolve BI star schema to a denormalized view.

Above 6 tables in model you cannot refresh dataset.

elainam
Regular Visitor

I'm having this same issue!

AmpDICor
Regular Visitor

Received today 4 "Unable to cast object of type 'ComDataConvert' to type 'ComDataConvert'.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface" errors on 4 datasets (dataset source SQL Server Azure dbase) The error occures every now and then on different reports.
Does anybody knows what it really says?
Thx.

vpray
Helper II

It's been a month now and this issue still has a status of new. What can we do to escalate this? Still getting the "ComDataConvert" error on files hitting Azure SQL databases.

Thanks

malagari
Responsive Resident

I've been experiencing this on my datasets as well.  I have around 5 datasets published, all connected to the same Azure SQL Database, that are intermittently failing.  Lately, the ones that have been failing are failing consistently.

I opened a support ticket with the Power BI Support team and this was the respond I received:

"Thank you for your patience in my response to your case. I am following up my call to you today, after researching the error I was able to determine that this is actually an issue that has been identified and our Product Team is currently working on a resolution since this has affected multiple users. At this time we do not have a date of when a fix will be deployed however we are working on this issue diligently to get it resolved."

As others have been saying, this has been going on for almost a month, and has been plaguing my clients who have recently adopted this tool.

Twan
Advocate IV

I've also been receiving this same error on some of my datasets for a couple weeks now.  My datasets are also connected to Azure SQL Databases.

AmpDICor
Regular Visitor

More then two weeks no "Unable to cast object of type 'ComDataConvert' to type 'ComDataConvert'" errors received so problem solved(?)