Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to authenticate valid link/credentials for Excel Power Query web data source

Hi,

I'm using Power Query in Excel to obtain issues from Jira via a web data source. The source and subsequent query have previously worked fine using the same credentials (reinforced by 29 day old cached results) but it will no longer refresh, reporting "We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again."

If I paste the source link into a browser, the .csv file is successfully downloaded.

If I attempt to recreate the query in Excel by adding data from web, specifying the Jira .csv link and configuring "basic" credentials (my Jira login details) in the "Access Web content" dialog, the error persists, indicating "use anonymous access for this web content" (which is counterintuitive given the requirement to login and doesn't help). When I click "Basic" again, all of my previously entered credentials have been cleared. Re-entering them doesn't help.

I can't find much in the way of information relating to this functionality around the web. Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction or acknowledge that this is a known issue / provide a fix eta.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As this issue is related to Power Query in Excel, please post a thread in this forum: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=powerquery&filter=alltypes&sort=firstpostdesc

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

anthony25

Same issue and cannot get it to work.  Is there a new integration method? I can't get it working at all.