I am trying to use Google BigQuery as a data type in Power BI Desktop and I'm stuck at the authentication step.
1. I get to the 'You aren't signed in' step and am under organizational account.
2. I click Sign in and my Edge browser opens, showing my Google accounts.
3. I select the account tied to my BigQuery setup and the screen appears with 'Power BI wants access to your Google Account'.
4. I click allow and the following message appears 'Sign in complete. You can return to the application. Feel free to close this browser tab.' - so I close the tab.
5. In PBI Desktop the Google BigQuery window just hangs for about 5 minutes and then displays the error - [DataSource.Error] The operation has timed out.
When I'm authenticating with any other Google Data set, such as Google Analytics, I also have to authenticate and see a very similar experience, but the credential authentication processes withing seconds, which then allows me to select my data tables to import.
I'm on the latest version of PBI Desktop and had the exact same issue on the previous version as well. I can't authenticate with any Google Organizational Account to use BigQuery as a datasource.
Any help would be most appreciated as this is extremely frustrating. All other import tools work fine except for the BigQuery importer. This browser also works to authenticate with Google for other data sources powered by them.