Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to add Power BI tab to teams as well as open the most the Power BI tabs added to Teams

Hi all,

Has anyone been experiencing any issues with Teams and Power BI as recent as today?  They just announced there is going to be an Enhanced Power BI tab for Teams (see article below), so I'm wondering if the changes they are making are impacting the functionality.  Our organization is experiencing two issues in Teams:

1.) When we try to add a tab -> Select Power BI, the screen is blank.This is what we see after we click on "Add a tab" and select "Power BI"This is what we see after we click on "Add a tab" and select "Power BI"

2.) When we try to open an existing Power BI tab in teams that was recently added, we just see the Power BI log spinning, but the report will not open.  Power BI tabs we have added months ago, are opening, it's just the very recent adds that are not.

Teams BI Update.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @chross

Where did you see this news? Would you please share the link?

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. Please go to Power BI service, check if you can view the reports successfully. Also please try to test with different browsers or accounts. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

chross
Advocate III

@v-qiuyu-msft We received the news about this update via an email from Office365 Message Center.  I checked today and I'm able to add a Power BI tab to Teams.  The screen is no longer blank.  Not sure what happened yesterday to cause the issues we were experiencing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chross Yes we experienced the exact same behavior yesterday across Chrome, Firefox & IE.

@v-qiuyu-msft  After seeing that it was working for @chross, we tried it today and it seems to be working now.

JontyB
Advocate I

@Anonymous @chross @v-qiuyu-msft  im having this issue today, only just went to add a new report into teams and spotted the updated tab connector had been included, the message showed up in our admin centre it is MC203845. I have logged an issue with our helpdesk (internally) however if this issue is more widespread it could be useful to investigate. im going to try adding a channel using the web app now rather than the teams desktop app. 

Is this issue better off in the Teams forums?

UPDATE: same issue in the web version of teams

JontyB
Advocate I

still having the same issue, unable to find any workspaces or apps via the new tab app in teams, is there any further updates or any one else seeing the same issue?