Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to Sign-In: The Internet Connection has timed out.

Hello all, I am having difficulty signing into Power BI Desktop. When I sign in, I also have to approve a push notification through Microsoft Authenticator. It looks to be working properly, but then I will receive the following error.

LakeMonster50_0-1656525693544.png

When I try to sign in using Administration rights, the sign-in process works the same, but then I will receive this error message.

LakeMonster50_1-1656525751459.png

Has anyone else had a similar issue signing in and know what the root of the problem is?

Noticed that you have mentioned that it only happens in the latest version of Power BI Desktop, did it?

If the previous verison did not have this issue, you can revert to the previous version temporarily, would investigate it if there is any progress about this issue.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Please check your local network status first abou this issue.

If the networks works fine, you can try to sign in your account in different time ranges to check whether it could be a temporary issue about the service server.

If it still has the same issue, please provide more details about this issue like the version of Power BI Desktop, whether it can be signed in successfully with different accounts etc.

Best Regards,

LakeMonster50
Regular Visitor

We did not have this issue before I downloaded the latest version of Power BI and my coworker is also having trouble signing in as well. She goes through the same sign in process and receives the same error messages.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Noticed that you have mentioned that it only happens in the latest version of Power BI Desktop, did it?

If the previous verison did not have this issue, you can revert to the previous version temporarily, would investigate it if there is any progress about this issue.

Best Regards,