Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to Save or Open .pbix Documents

I am currently having troubles with saving and opening .pbix files.  Here are some notes about the troubles I am dealing with: 

• The message reads "Unable to save document: access to 'file path' is denied." 
    • Same thing occurs when opening certain documents
  • It does not matter where I attempt to save the file, or what name I try to save it under. 
  • It is inconsistent. 
    • Sometimes a file will save on the first attempt, sometimes a file will save on the fifth attempt, and sometimes a file will never save. 
    • Only certain documents will not open, but they never open. 
  • This happens to new and old files. 
    • I am not a brand new user.  I have been using Power BI for over 6 months and this just start occurring to all of my .pbix files. 
  • I do not have any troubles saving or opening .pbit files. 
  • This just started occurring over the past few weeks. 
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @J_Greenwalt,

1. Have you installed any Anti-Virus software on your machine? If it does, how about the result after disable the Anti-Virus software?

2. If the test with the AV does not help, please launch Process Monitor, the repeat the steps to reproduce the issue, save and share trace file with us. You can update trace file to your OneDrive and share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

J_Greenwalt
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft,

I am using Webroot, and turning it off allowed me to save my documents.  What do you think that means? 

This is the second MS app that seems to be currently having troubles running with Webroot.  I spoke with someone who works on MS Teams and he mentioned that the recent Fall update is causing Teams to close while the PC is using Webroot. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @J_Greenwalt,

I notice you already open a MSSOLVE case 117110893071382. Please wait for the response from the case owner's response. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

J_Greenwalt
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft

I had the exact same conversation with someone about my case. 

They asked me if I was using an anti-virus software, I responded by letting them know I'm using Webroot and that my problems go away when I turn off Webroot, and I received no response to that.