Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to Publish Report

I get an error when trying to publish my report.  I refresh this report multiple times a week and never received this error before.  I tried moving the location of the data from Sharepoint to my personal drive, but nothing changes.  Please help!

ihopkins_0-1626279750635.png

Cluster URI: DF-MSIT-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 45ef5cda-7158-4ee6-9aaf-6c53284798ce
Request ID: 3037e348-4e08-4445-a446-b11ded3faed2
Time: 2021-07-14 15:49:31Z

Comments
AleNusiner
Employee

I'm getting a similar error.. 

v-shrkhe
Employee

I'm getting a similar error

mgsz
Employee

getting similar error

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @ihopkins ,

Could not reproduce it in my side. As far as my test, I have published the same report to My workspace, new workspace, PPU workspace, all of them are successful.

Please upgrade the latest version of power bi desktop and republish the report to different workspaces to check it again.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

v-shrkhe
Employee

@v-yingjl Looks like it was a transient error which was only appearing for some people. I tried publishing multiple reports in the morning today and nothing worked, I tried publishing the same reports late in the night and it worked perfectly. Could you tell us what are the things we should keep in mind to avoid spending time on such transient error?

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @v-shrkhe ,

Indeed, it could just be a temporary issue for power bi service server. 

When publishing reports to Service, just save reports, sign in the account and choose corrsponding workspaces, not anything special.

For republishing reports, here are some considerations to note:

• Two or more datasets in Power BI with the same name as the Power BI Desktop file could cause publishing to fail. Make sure you have only one dataset in Power BI with the same name. You can also rename the file and publish, creating a new dataset with same name as the file.

• If you rename or delete a column or measure, any visualizations you already have in Power BI with that field could be broken.

• Power BI ignores some format changes of existing columns. For example, if you change a column’s format from 0.25% to 25%.

• Say you have a refresh schedule that is configured for your existing dataset in Power BI. When you add new data sources to your file and then republish, you’ll have to sign into them before the next scheduled refresh.

• When you republish a dataset published from Power BI Desktop and have a refresh schedule defined, a dataset refresh is started as soon as you republish.

• When you make a change to a dataset and then republish it, a message shows you how many workspaces, reports, and dashboards are potentially impacted by the change, and asks you to confirm that you want to replace the currently published dataset with the one you modified. The message also provides a link to the full dataset impact analysis in the Power BI service, where you can see more information and take action to mitigate the risks of your change.

Best Regards,

ihopkins
Regular Visitor

It looks like it was a temporary problem... It's working for me today as well.

Thanks @v-yingjl !

v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @ihopkins , @v-shrkhe , @mgsz , @AleNusiner ,

If the error code is 400 error, you can try this workaround from PG:

Best Regards,