Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Unable to Edit Dataflows

I am currently unable to open the Dataflow Editor in 3 of the 4 Power BI environments that I have access to. When opening the editor it will continually spin while trying to load the editor. See screenshot below:

JasonRoy_0-1666014879250.png

I have noticed that all of the environments where I am unable to open the Dataflows are located in the North Central US (Illinois) data center. Further, I have tried to access the Dataflows in both Edge and Chrome with no luck.

Hi @JasonRoy ,

We saw the screenshot you provided, does it just stay on the loading page without any error message? For the time being, users who have not received the same feedback from other users as you and cannot edit the data stream have provided some error information. Have you made changes to your data sources recently?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @JasonRoy ,

We saw the screenshot you provided, does it just stay on the loading page without any error message? For the time being, users who have not received the same feedback from other users as you and cannot edit the data stream have provided some error information. Have you made changes to your data sources recently?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

JasonRoy
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Thank you for the quick follow-up. I never did receive an error message after letting the page load for over an hour (multiple times 😅). But, no, I have not made any changes prior to the page hanging on the loading screen. 

Interestingly, it seems hit or miss. I have an environment where I can edit the Dataflow via Chrome outside of a VM that I use for the project. On the other hand, in other environments that I have access to, I'm unable to edit Dataflows in Chrome or Edge, also outside of a VM. 

kearnsat
Regular Visitor

I too am having the spinning / loading screen when trying to Edit a dataflow after taking it over from another user. We're dead in the water on refreshing now.. as taking over removes all credentials.

JasonRoy
Frequent Visitor

@kearnsat - I actually had an issue with one of the Dataflows yesterday. I was finally able to get into the Dataflow editor by using Microsoft Edge in Incognito mode. Even that seemed hit or miss as I had to back in and out of the query editor page twice before it would get past the spinning/loading screen. 

kearnsat
Regular Visitor

Thank you for the tip.. i will try that now

kearnsat
Regular Visitor

Edge InPrivate mode did not work for me, but having a coworker take over the dataflow and then editing in Google Chrome somehow worked.

jkah
Regular Visitor

I am having this issue to, no browsers are working at all to let me edit the data flow. I have it happening accross multiple workspaces and one of my dataflows has failed so I really need to edit it to fix it but can't