Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Unable to Add Active Directory group to online RLS screen

I ma trying to deploy a new report, but when I try to add the AD Group in the Row Level Security screen, it just spins.  I have not had this issue in the past.

Comments
klinejordan
Advocate II

Can confirm this happens in my tenant but only on some datasets - not clear yet what the pattern is

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi  @nathanmason 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

and if your problem related to this:

Power BI customers with premium capacities using Row Level Security may experience issues while adding non-mail-enabled security groups to roles with the message, "The Role could not be updated. Please try again later". As a workaround, users can move their workspace to Shared, add the security group, then move it back to the capacity. Engineers have identified the root cause and an ETA for a fix will be provided soon.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Lin

MarkSac
Regular Visitor

Has an ETA for this fix been provided yet?  Also, how do you move your workspace to shared and move it back to capacity?  Will this break the other reports in the workspace?

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Power BI customers with premium capacities using Row Level Security may experience issues while adding non-mail-enabled security groups to roles with the message, "The Role could not be updated. Please try again later". As a workaround, users can move their workspace to Shared, add the security group, then move it back to the capacity. Engineers have identified the root cause and a fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 01/16/2020.

Regards,

Lin

klinejordan
Advocate II

When trying to move a workspace out of premium I get the below warning:

klinejordan_0-1610471676982.png

What does "any content using Enterprise Gateways may need to be updated" mean? Does this mean every dataset's scheduled refresh will be disabled? That's going to be hard to scale in workspaces with lots of content

zuheirashraf17
Advocate II

We really need new information on these, it still doesn't work. We've been patiently waiting for this to be fix since 8th January when we discover this issues. Deployment has been held back due to this issue. Please provide a new estimation date so this can be passed on. 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

HI  ALL

The support site still has an estimation date of 1/16

I have chech the power bi deployments, it will be deployed before 1/20.

it is currently being deployed, some clusters are completed, some of them are delayed, and deployment should be complete within the next few days.

and i also chech some similar icm, the engineer asked the customer to hold off for a few days.

Please wait a few days and test it again

Regards,

Lin