Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

URL Filter not working on report in App Workspace

Hi

I've got a site report that I use url paramaters to direct users to a specific site, based on the site code. this works in "My" Workspace

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/[ReportID]/ReportSection?filter=SiteInfo/SiteCode eq '3408'

However, when I publish the exact same report to an App Workspace, the URL filters fail.

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/63805a40-89ff-4fa4-8a2e-55055ef0903d/reports/[NewReportID]/ReportSect...

The report comes back non filtered, and I can see the url parameter being removed from the URL. I've tired a couple of reports with the same behaviour. Can we not use URL filters on app workspace reports? 

Can anyone replicate and confirm it's not just me? 

Comments
alg
Regular Visitor

Hey.

I am experiencing the same issue.

nandukrishnavs
Super User

i am also facing the same issue

WCONGRAVE
Advocate I

Morning

I've resolved the issue. The filter doesnt work with the link to the group workspace.

BUT if you retrieve the report from the "View Content List" on your app, then its a different URL, and the filter parameter works on this one!

Can I ive myself Kudos? Man Happy

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@WCONGRAVE @nandukrishnavs @alg

Same issue has already been reported to Power BI team internally: CRI 39195895

When the customer is under the group work space, it looks like the encoding for the symbol slash is incorrect. Please try to press the back button then the change should be applied there.

As a mitigation, we can try to use the encoded URL filter.

?filter=OLIBIssue%252FAuthor%20eq%20%27Chris%20Luce%27

forward slash is '%252F'

space is '%20'

quote is '%27'

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

nandukrishnavs
Super User

@v-haibl-msft I have tried the above scenario but it is not working for me. Again need to press the back button to see the changes.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@nandukrishnavs

The fix is hopefully available in next month.

Best Regards,
Herbert

hthomas-sonoma
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft I'm still encountering this issue. Any status update on when a fix might be ready? Thanks.

TheOckieMofo
Resolver II

Looks like this is still an issue. However, I was able to work around it by substituting any slashes or spaces with the proper URL incoding characters as mentioned above. But, man, was it frustrating and a waste of several hours of the day to do that.

kmccormick
Frequent Visitor

Hi - 

The above solutions here link to the report within the workspace, which is only visible to members of that workspace. Is there a solution to set the link to the report within the actual app?

The people who have permissions to view content in my app are not members of the app workspace, so the links do not work for them.