cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two users see different results when filtering a report with slicers

I have created a report that is based on a single table.  This table has over 600k of rows.  I have several slicers on the report page above a table showing fields.  The user can use the slicers to help them find results in the table.

 

When another user and I do the same filtering in one of the slicers, we see a different list in another slicer.  We are both filtering a slicer for facility for the same value.  We are then looking at the sent from slicer to see a list of names.  When we compare our list of sent names, we see that I don't see 2 of the names that she sees.

 

I have a premium workspace and I'm using the large dataset storage format.  I have also selected to turn on Query Caching.  I do not see an impact with query caching on or off.

 

Do you have any advice for what I should try to guarantee all users see the same results in the slicers when they start filtering the data?  This user and I have had several times where we are seeing different results doing the same filtering.  It feels like it's an issue of what is "previewed" on the screen instead of seeing all data that is there.

 

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Status: Investigating

Hi @eliz_psu ,

 

Have you ruled out persistent filters from affecting this issue?
It's in the top right corner of the report in Power BI Service, if you click on that "revert to default" and try again, does the problem still occur?

 

vcaitlynmstf_0-1664936440136.png

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

 

Comments
v-caitlyn-mstf
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @eliz_psu ,

 

Have you ruled out persistent filters from affecting this issue?
It's in the top right corner of the report in Power BI Service, if you click on that "revert to default" and try again, does the problem still occur?

 

vcaitlynmstf_0-1664936440136.png

 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

 

eliz_psu
Regular Visitor

@v-caitlyn-mstf I have ruled out persistent filters.  I have used the "revert to default" that you mention.  In a Teams meeting the other user and I both reverted to default.  Then in the slicer for Facility we selected the same value.  Next when we compared the list of names in the "Sent By" slicer her list was longer than mine.  We were looking for 3 specific names in the list.  She saw these 3 names while I just saw one of them.

 

The above was on Monday.  Then on Tuesday she asked me to check again opening a new browser window.  When I did the same steps on Tuesday I saw all 3 names.

 

This is so hard to explain because it happens and then doesn't happen.  There have been times where the opposite happens.  The other user is looking for data based on selecting a value in one filter and doesn't see what she expects.  When she asks me to do the same filter I see the data.

 

The inconsistency is what is worrying me.  I'm hoping in testing to see the same results by multiple users completing the same steps.

 

Thanks for your reply Caitlyn!

Elizabeth