Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Turning Visual Header Icons OFF - DOES NOT Disable those options

Turning OFF Icons in the Visual Header DOES NOT disable those options completely.

Yes the icons disappear!

However the hidden options are still available to the end user if they right click in the visual.

For example you can hide the Show Next Level icon in the Visual Header of a Line Chart.

However right-click in the Line Chart and the option is there to Show Next Level.

What actually got my attention was turning off the More Options icon - to not allow the Show Data option to the end user.

Well the icon does disappear however right-click on the chart and you can in fact Show Data.

In the July Update Video if you listen at 10:50 - 11:10.

Amanda implies that was in fact the intent (one of many) of this feature not to allow the end user certain things you choose!

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Comments
Sean
Community Champion

Here is a demo of the Issue.

1 - I Turn OFF Show Next Level, Pin, Focus Mode and More Options => with the Intent not to allow the end user these options!

2 - Go to Reading Mode and Save the File

3 - The Icons I turned OFF are indeed gone

4 - However Right-click on the Line Chart and the contextual menu still inlcudes Show Next Level and Show Data

So the end user still has access to these options!

Visual Header Options.gif

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Please Vote!

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Turning-Visual-Header-Icons-OFF-DOES-NOT-Disable-those-optio...

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Sean,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 80819264. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Sean,

I got information below:

This is by design. The visual header options only change the icons that are visible in the header. They don't disable the options in right click menu. If that's an important feature for the customer they can submit something on ideas.powerbi.com and we'll consider it for the future.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu