Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Turn off "The session ID cannot be found" warning in Analyze in Excel Power BI report

Using Analyze in Excel, after about 10 minutes of inactivity we receive this error "The session ID cannot be found. Either the session does not exist or it has already expired." with any action that changes the pivot table.  Is there a way to hide this message?  We click ok then repeat the action and it works fine, so I'm not certain what the point is of the warning message.  

Excel 365 32 bit.  

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @tom_merriman ,

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test.

According to the message 'The session ID cannot be found. Either the session does not exist or it has already expired', seems like when you do not use analyze in excel for some time, the session would be expoired. After closing this message, it would be 're-connected'.

See this similar note:

Token expired error

If you receive a token expired error, it means you haven't recently used the Analyze in Excel feature on the computer you're using. Simply re-enter your credentials, or reopen the file, and the error should go away.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

RogeroWijshombr
Regular Visitor

Is this still under investigation? This should be easy reproducible if you use Excel to connect to a (premium) dataset.

Session ID cannot be found. - Microsoft Power BI Community Lots of people with the same problem.