Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Trying to update Power BI App with the new experience

Hello,

Since changing my apps to the new app experience that came out on August 24th, 2022 I'm unable to update my apps. Just updating the data in existing reports work, however when I try to add a new report or user to the app, the updated fails on both premium and non-premium workspaces.

Here's the error message I receive:

Activity ID: 3c436903-31cc-4deb-acb6-129ce3edaaa0
Request ID: 86792392-0c11-b79d-66e0-0282c9f6d375
Correlation ID: 6e7df13f-9f69-f61a-e3ea-4ca37bbf32a6
Time: Wed Aug 31 2022 14:27:37 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18945.45
Client version: 2208.4.12891-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-j-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me.

Thanks,

Morganne

Currently it have been considered as a known issue which would be fixed in early of September, so please stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
robbiest
Regular Visitor

Still can't get Apps working - I have a list of at least 60 corporate reports with longish descriptive names which now have to be viewed in a LONG vertical scrollable list in Power BI Service. It's a nightmare for the users and damages BI reporting reputation.

rappleton
Advocate I

Do we know if this is still an issue?

MVP68794
Regular Visitor

@rappleton,

This has been fixed for my region (USA) back in mid-September, however I don't know if they are still working on fixes in other regions still.

@v-yingjl, have all regions been fixed of this issue?

Thanks,

Morganne

jpreciado
Regular Visitor

We are just now getting the same failure after having our App up for 1+ years.  

jpreciado_0-1670529771314.png

bajimmy1983
Helper V

Hi all! I noticed recently it has been fixed for Brazil area, too (don't know exactly the date). I didn't do anything. App got back working two weeks ago.

JoseGaleano

I still experience this issue, I include drill-through reports in the app and hide them so end users can only access them from the main reports (Unhidden), but once the app was updated the drill-through functionality was not working previously this was allowed.