Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Trying to update Power BI App with the new experience

Hello,

Since changing my apps to the new app experience that came out on August 24th, 2022 I'm unable to update my apps. Just updating the data in existing reports work, however when I try to add a new report or user to the app, the updated fails on both premium and non-premium workspaces.

Here's the error message I receive:

Activity ID: 3c436903-31cc-4deb-acb6-129ce3edaaa0
Request ID: 86792392-0c11-b79d-66e0-0282c9f6d375
Correlation ID: 6e7df13f-9f69-f61a-e3ea-4ca37bbf32a6
Time: Wed Aug 31 2022 14:27:37 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18945.45
Client version: 2208.4.12891-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-j-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me.

Thanks,

Morganne

Currently it have been considered as a known issue which would be fixed in early of September, so please stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
Archana8889

Same issue here. Request for a rollback to older version for our workspace.

csk

Yes please let us rollback to the old app experience asap!

mixieho

Hi all, I am experiencing the exact same issue and updated the App to see the new features... Like everyone here we need to have "revert back to old App" button or something ASAP as we crucially need to see these reports n a daily candence! Microsoft please fix this soon!

MichaelF
Regular Visitor

Is there an expected resolution for for this? This has affected multiple apps where we can no longer add reports. Is there a way to revert back to the previous app view? Not a great experience

rsa21
Frequent Visitor

There needs to be an option in the new app experience not to use the workspace "audience" feature as its simply not flexible enough and administratively cumbersome. For example I want to have a collection of reports that are grouped together as an app but still allow end users to navigate to another "app" all within the same workspace. In the previous app experience i would just opt out entirely and manage this user interaction with links to separate reports and control access using RLS. With the new experience everything is just shown by default and I need to manually hide things and change access around (If this feature even worked). There is a ton of issues currently that prevent me from publishing or making any changes to the so I cant even hide things manually. This needs to be moved up to critical status and resolved urgently Microsoft Please!!! Thanks

kmes912
Helper I

Same issue, trying to add a report that is strictly a home page so that it doesnt open on the first report and cannot get it to add to the app.

sdfg
Regular Visitor

"Early September" is not good enough.  This is a critical service outage and needs to be a call-to-work situation for the development team to either correct or roll back immediately.

Pierre78100
Regular Visitor

Same here we need a fix urgently.

When we try to update our app this image appears : 

Pierre78100_0-1662130936773.png

Thanksfully it is a bug. The app still exist

jennadevries
Regular Visitor

Finally updated the app experience today, immediately after was unable to publish the app. 

sgilbert
Regular Visitor

Any updates would be appreciated as we cannot add some of our new reports successfully.  It does seem to work in some apps but not others, no reason why.   Report can be added to workspace but cannot be made visible and published successfully in the app.