Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Trying to update Power BI App with the new experience

Hello,

Since changing my apps to the new app experience that came out on August 24th, 2022 I'm unable to update my apps. Just updating the data in existing reports work, however when I try to add a new report or user to the app, the updated fails on both premium and non-premium workspaces.

Here's the error message I receive:

Activity ID: 3c436903-31cc-4deb-acb6-129ce3edaaa0
Request ID: 86792392-0c11-b79d-66e0-0282c9f6d375
Correlation ID: 6e7df13f-9f69-f61a-e3ea-4ca37bbf32a6
Time: Wed Aug 31 2022 14:27:37 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18945.45
Client version: 2208.4.12891-train
Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-j-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Please let me know if you have any additional questions for me.

Thanks,

Morganne

Currently it have been considered as a known issue which would be fixed in early of September, so please stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
bradwest414
Frequent Visitor

Same, quite infuriating & can't figure out how to downgrade back to the old experience.

Matt_Strobel
Regular Visitor

We are currently have the same problem.  Ever since upgrading the workspace, we can't publish, show/hide reports or upgrade the app.

v-kumardas
Employee

We are also facing the same issue.  Please request you rollback our workspace to old experience, so that at least our work does not get hampered till the issue gets fixed from your side.

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Currently it have been considered as a known issue which would be fixed in early of September, so please stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

TheJernyB

Same. Please do not forget to place a 'go-back-to-previous-version' option for previews.

SteveFringe
Regular Visitor

Same here. Where is "go back to the previous version"? Extremely unprofessional roll out, shocked that it's possible for a product of such scale...

rsa21
Frequent Visitor

Also having the same issue and clicked the "upgrade" option on impulse late in the day today.

There needs to be an option set up urgently to revert back to the old version asap as we have content that should be hidden that is now exposed

This is a massive issue that needs to be fixed asap and agree with prior comments that this is a really shockingly bad rollout

Thanks

Richard

rsa21
Frequent Visitor

Also note that despite low no of votes this is affecting hundreds of users just for my vote!! Please prioritise accordingly Thanks

csk

Absolutely horrendous rollout, this needs a urgent fix!

We also have content that should not be visible but is now exposed, and we cant update the app - what is Microsoft doing!?!

sdfg
Regular Visitor

Also having the issue here.  App updates are not working.  Please upgrade this issue to critical/outage level.