Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Truncated Slicer Values not displaying when hovering

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a slicer as a dropdown list of values with multi-select enabled
  2. Size the slicer so that the longest values are truncated and appended with "..." to indicate truncated text
  3. Publish the report as an app and access via the Power BI service
  4. Hover over the truncated value

Expected result

The full text for the truncated value displays in a hover box upon hovering on the value

Actual result

The expected result occurs in the desktop file only. Once published hovering over a truncated value does not do anything to help the user understand the full text for the truncated value. 

Hi @danielcarpenter 

The deployment of this fix has approach the end. I've tested on Slicer and its tooltip, and find this issue has been fixed. Please check at your side. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @danielcarpenter 

May I know whether you will get same issue when viewing the report in the workspace but not the published app? If same issue happens there, it should be a known issue. Our product team has a fix on it and they have started deploying it region by region.

Best Regards,

danielcarpenter
Helper I

Yes, it also happens in the workspace. Glad to hear this is already in queue.

Thanks

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @danielcarpenter 

The deployment of this fix has approach the end. I've tested on Slicer and its tooltip, and find this issue has been fixed. Please check at your side. Thank you very much!

Best Regards,