Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Trouble with excel report

We have a report with a Excel output, but from last friday., we are getting time out error, and the report came out with no excel file.

We created a new report to prove and same error again. Anyone have a Idea?

Hi @SA_NYC 

To narrow down this issue, I need ask you several questions.

• May I know whether you mean you report is created with an Excel file?
  • Do you get this issue in Power BI Desktop or Power BI service(app.powerbi.com)?
  • Do you get time out issue when importing data from the Excel or refreshing data from it? Or you get this issue on a specific visual?
  • Where does your Excel located? Is it a local file or a file saved in cloud like OneDrive?
  • To connect to this Excel, do you configure any on-premises data gateway?

Look forward to your reply. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @SA_NYC 

To narrow down this issue, I need ask you several questions.

• Do you get this issue in Power BI Desktop or Power BI service(app.powerbi.com)?
  • Do you get time out issue when importing data from the Excel or refreshing data from it? Or you get this issue on a specific visual?
  • Where does your Excel located? Is it a local file or a file saved in cloud like OneDrive?

Look forward to your reply. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

SA_NYC
Advocate I

Hi @v-cazheng-msft 

A: We created the report with powerbi robot service with output format Single Excel.

A: When we play the playlist with PowerBi Robot. We get timeout error when robot tried to get data. The email is sent but without file attach.

A: We are not trying to import data from excel.

A. The idea is to send a email with output format Single Excel

A: Not applied