Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Transparent object issue

I built a report in Power BI desktop with several transparent objects that I'm using as buttons overlaying other objects. The transparency is functioning in desktop, but then the transparency doesn't maintain in the published app.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually looks like this is an issue of the filter visual...the app does not highlight the item selected.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

What objects do you mean, slicer or chart? Do you get the issue in the report published to Power BI Service?  What version of Power BI Desktop do you use ? Please post a screenshot about your scenario so that we can reproduce.

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha! This issue somehow resolved itself over the weekend.

PBI.JPG

What was happening was my horizontal filter was not highlighting the selected option; insetad of being black in the above screenshot, it was leaving them all yellow. Never mind the transparent object comment...I tried to undo that with a follow-up comment.

To answer your other questions, the issue was only happening in the PBI service, not in the desktop version. I'm not sure which desktop version except that it's the latest and greatest - my company updates every time there is a PBI update.

Thanks for checking back!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

This is a known issue which has been fixed recently.

Regards,
Lydia