Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Town "Rum" is located in Austria, it is not "Rom" (German)

Hi All,

I'm new here. 🙂 I found an issue in the map-visual for the German edition. The town "Rum" is near Innsbruck, Tyrol, Austria. It sounds similar to "Rom" (Rome) but it is an Austrian town. The map locates "Rum" in "Rome", please see screenshot below. Could you please correct this issue?

Screenshot 2022-08-10 171319.jpg

Please see also Wikipedia. there you can find also the coordinates.

Rum, Tyrol - Wikipedia

BR

Still could not reproduce it in my side with the same version of Power BI Dekstop.

Have you set the Data category for the column?

vyingjl_0-1661931090978.png

If 'Gmünd' and 'Rum' are counties, the category should be County, 'Schwäbisch Gmünd' is a city, the category should be City, and each column only allows one category so when the city name and county name should not be in one column.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
liyingjl
Regular Visitor

Seems like could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. The town 'Rum' shows the correct loaction in the map near Innsbruck both in German and English language environment.

liyingjl_0-1660200516377.pngliyingjl_1-1660200533653.png

Have you used the latest version of Power BI Desktop to check this issue(2.108.603.0), or whether there is any other fields have you put in the map field since I have only created a town column and a value column like this:

liyingjl_2-1660200617630.png

Regards

JochenO

Hi liyingjl,

thank you for your answer. I have updated now PowerBI Desktop to the newest version 2.108.825.0. Unfortunately, the issue still occurs. I have created the same example as you have and this was my result:

JochenO_0-1661244219184.png

JochenO_1-1661244247667.png

I have used only Town and Value, no other details.

The same issue occurs with "Gmünd". It is located in Lower Austria, but there is also another City calling "Schwäbisch Gmünd" in Germany.

Gmünd, Lower Austria - Wikipedia

Schwäbisch Gmünd - Wikipedia

I would need the Austrian one, but Bing locates it always in Germany. Is there a solution for this second issue? 

JochenO_2-1661244544542.png

JochenO_3-1661244668798.png

BR

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Still could not reproduce it in my side with the same version of Power BI Dekstop.

Have you set the Data category for the column?

vyingjl_0-1661931090978.png

If 'Gmünd' and 'Rum' are counties, the category should be County, 'Schwäbisch Gmünd' is a city, the category should be City, and each column only allows one category so when the city name and county name should not be in one column.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

JochenO

The category city is correct. I have set the data category to city ("Ort") know, but the same result occurs...

JochenO_0-1663857688889.png

JochenO_1-1663857865467.png