Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Total Column (in Matrix visual) resizing after blank data is displayed in the table.

Currently I am using a Matrix visual to show data, and have turned off auto-column sizing and set the column sizes manually. Currently if the user filters the table to where there are blank values in the Matrix (in this case a year with no data), and then returns to a year with data, the total column reverts to the default size, which then hides some of the number. 

Total before FilteringTotal before Filtering

Matrix after filteringMatrix after filtering

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AlexanderBlair,

I'm trying to reproduce the issue but not succeed. Would you please update the Power BI desktop to the latest issue then test again? 

If issue persists, would you please share pbix file with us? Please do remove sensitive data. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

AlexanderBlair
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I am running the May 2018 Version of PBI Desktop (2.58.5103.501 64-bit (May 2018))

I have managed to recreate the issue in a seperate pbix, so happy to share that with you, unsure as to the best way of doing that as I cannot seem to find a way to attach it to this post! 

Let me know!

Cheers, 

Alex

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AlexanderBlair,

If the report does not contains sensitive data, you can upload it to your OneDrive or Dropbox and share the link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

AlexanderBlair
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Sure, the .pbix can be found here!

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers, 

Alex

AlexanderBlair
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Have you managed to replicate the issue with the included work book? Happy to provide some more information if needed?

Cheers, 

Alex

AlexanderBlair
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Any update would be much appreciated on this. 

Thanks!

Alex

ashley_briggs
Regular Visitor

Team - I am experiencing the same issue on the latest desktop version.

On the matrix visual When "Auto size column width" is turned off; the "Total" column keeps resizing when selections are made on slicers.

Please check and fix ASAP.

-Ashley

benisanders
Advocate I

Has there been any work done to resolve this issue? I am still experiencing it using the Version: 2.62.5222.761 64-bit (September 2018) release.

KevinParijs
Frequent Visitor

Has this been solved yet??

I'm running in the same issue when trying to alter some basic settings in the Power BI Service.

Total column in a matrix visual keeps resizing even when that option is disabled.

I'm going to try to alter this report through the newest version and publish again.
I'm running version: 2.79.5768.1082 64-bit (maart 2020)