Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Top N filter on visual not working on direct query

Hi everyone,
i was trying to add a top n filter on a table visual in pbi desktop.

Mark91_0-1657033645596.png

And after a lot of test i was not able to compete this simple task, always not showing result.
After i change from direct query to import it start working.
I analized the query and the problem is on this step:

Mark91_1-1657034477684.png

i also try to change the keepfilters with a in operators and still doesn't work.

__SQDS0BodyLimited contains same rows on direct query and import.

what am I not understanding here?

Thanks in advance 
Marco

Hi @Anonymous ,

KEEPFILTERS function is not supported for use in DirectQuery mode when used in calculated columns or row-level security rules.

KEEPFILTERS function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Docs

For how to modify your dax formula to fulfill your needs in DirectQuery mode, I would suggest you post your DAX problem in DAX&Commands Tips forum where you could promptly get the help from the DAX experts in the community.

Here is the link of DAX&Commands Tips forum: DAX Commands and Tips - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous ,

KEEPFILTERS function is not supported for use in DirectQuery mode when used in calculated columns or row-level security rules.

KEEPFILTERS function (DAX) - DAX | Microsoft Docs

For how to modify your dax formula to fulfill your needs in DirectQuery mode, I would suggest you post your DAX problem in DAX&Commands Tips forum where you could promptly get the help from the DAX experts in the community.

Here is the link of DAX&Commands Tips forum: DAX Commands and Tips - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun