Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tooltips not working on service - only triangle appears

I have a report with a Bing map where tooltips are enabled. They show up fine in the Desktop version, but when I publish to the service they do not appear. Instead, I see the grey triangle that usually connects to the tooltip box, but the box itself does not appear. See screenshot below in which my mouse is over the green dot but not tooltip is shown:

TooltipIssue.png

I'm not sure what could be causing this, as the same report/map worked fine on the service a few weeks ago. Any ideas?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @jeff10

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. Please test again, if the issue still occurs, please share a pbix file with use. You can upload the pbix file to your OneDrive and paste the link here. Do remove sensitive data in the report before sharing it. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

jeff10

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft, thanks for the response. I resolved the issue: it turns out it was an error with how Internet Explorer was rendering the Power BI report in the online service, rather than Power BI itself. Once I cleared my cache and restarted the browser, the tooltips appeared correctly.