Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tooltips not showing on hoover in reports in PBI Service

It is just a black Arrow, the textbox in not showing. We are connecting with LIVE SSAS cubes, in North Europa. Latest Gateway.

pbitooltips.png

Comments
dom99
Advocate V

We have also been plagued by intermittent issues with tooltips but in power bi embedded. When the problem occurs they either struggle to render (remaining blurry an spinning round not loading), or they load but tables just dont appear, or sometimes all visuals appear grey with the black cross. 

The problem is the issue doesn't seem to be repeatable so the general impression with customers here is that they are flaky.

Any advice on what to do? Raise a support ticket? problem with support ticket is I doubt they will be very helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This issue started from today morning … Very strange @Phil_Seamark any suggestions 

henmor
Advocate I

Correct. This issue started this morning. Regarding both reports and dashboards now, in all type of visuals. Tooltip box do not show on hoover. (or elsewhere). 

Peter_R
Resolver II

What I've noticed is that it seems to work okay when viewing using Chrome, but has this issue when viewing using Edge. Also, custom tooltips appear to work okay - it's just default tooltips that have the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are getting  an issue with IE only, EDGE and Chrome seems fine for us

ndothanh
Regular Visitor

I'm using chrome verison 50 and cannot load the tooltips. Which min chrome version can load tootips (If powerbi service doesn't support for old chrome version) or powerbi service is having issue with tooltips ?

Pls resolve as soon as possible.

henmor
Advocate I

Problem appear in iexplorer and edge. Latest version with chrome works. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are experiencing this issue with iexplore, EDGE seems ok.

swt
Frequent Visitor

We're encountering the same issue in Internet Explorer 11 and Edge. Firefox is fine, though.

RLSmart
Helper I

Same issue here- SSAS data source, tootips are fine on the desktop, not displaying on IE (11).   Noticed it yesterday afternoon. US west coast.