Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tooltips doesn't show up in Power BI Service

Hi,

I have designed a few tooltips in my model. In power BI desktop it works like a charm but when I publish that to the service I can't see the tooltip and it doesn't pops-up.

Any idea?

NH

Comments
bangbang
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. It has been working well and it stops working from this week.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

This is a know issue. You can try the workaround: 

The “Tooltip” toggle needs to be turned on for the affected visuals. Users can do this if they have Edit access in the service. Otherwise, the report author will need to turn on the toggle “Tooltip” in PBI Desktop and then publish the updated report.

Fix is planned on: 7/16 – West Europe , 7/17 – NCUS , 7/19 – Rest of the World except North Europe, 7/20 – North Europe

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

nhol
Advocate II

Thanks Qiuyun Yu but I'm not sure I'm following the workaround suggested by you.

Is it possible to send a screenshot of what exactly should I turn On/Off.

Would this be fixed for WW by July 20th??

I have a presentation for a large account right after the 20th and I have to have it fixed by then, otherwise I need to restructure my entire mock-up.

Thanks!

NH   

bangbang
Regular Visitor

Hi nhol,

To turn on the “Tooltip” toggle, you can do either online or desktop Power BI.

For online,

1) go to the "Edit report"

2) Click the visualization using a tooltip

3) Click format PBI.png

4) Click to turn on for "Report page"

PBI2.png

5) Save the report.

Do the same thing in the Desktop Power BI and publish if needed.

Hope it helps.

nhol
Advocate II

bangbang thanks but this workaround doesn't work as everytime you go online you have to go through this process... this can NOT be an option for end users... it's a hustle!!!

nhol
Advocate II

Not sure if the fix by areas as mentioned above by Qiuyun Yu is based on where our Azure resides or the phisical country from where the model was published eitherway, we are now on the 20th and the issue still exists!!!

What's the ETA?

NH 

Tdawg90
Employee

Has there been any update to this issue? I'm experiencing this now that I decided to try it....