Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tooltip limited to 10 rows

Currently (Sept 2017) the chart tooltip has a limit of about 10 rows.

Check out the screenshot below, there are 15+ lines in the chart, but the tooltip is only showing 10 items!

Of course it would be very nice to have more options to customize the tooltip (e.g. size), and I've supported this "idea" about that.

Pending the release of those new options, please add a visual indication in the tooltip that data is being truncated to x rows!

In my opinion the current implementation is not okay and I can't explain to my customers why values are missing.

2017-09-18 12_07_29-Clipboard.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@DaveRuijter

Please vote on that idea to get more votes. So that the Power BI Team will be more likely to work on this function.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

johncpratt
Advocate II

I would vote for this but voting is disabled.  This has been an issue in both Power BI Desktop and Power BI Desktop RS.  In many cases, I have 15-20 categories, and certainly more than 10.  This issue prevents using affected visuals where the user needs to easily see the counts.  I would prefer that the tooltip simply display all categories and let the developer decide if the tooltip is too big, runs off the screen, etc.   Better yet, provide a configurable max category display value and the rest are accessible via scrollbar in the tooltip, just like a dropdown list in MS Access, et al.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates for the above issue please?

MatE
Frequent Visitor

Any update on this issue please? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable

i do not see the voting for this any longer, but this is a major problem for visuals that contain multiple categories (which is a lot of visuals, maybe most of them).  even something as simple as rolling 12 months has 12.  let's get this addressed PowerBI!

MTME
Helper I

Any updates on this?

Seems like changing tooltip size/limits should be a basic functionality, honestly.

gerry_flores

Any update on this? Creating our own tool tip is overly complicated. All I want is to have a scroll bar or the ability to show more items in the tooltip. When can we expect this? And why is this marked as delivered when it clearly isn't?