Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tool tip ordering and custom tool tip support in CRM Dynamics issues

Let me start off by saying that Power BI is a fantastic application and service!  Having said that, I'm really frustrated with some features that I don't understand how they haven't been resolved yet.

I have a Power BI visual in which my end users are complaining about the Tool tips being out of order.  They would like 4 specific fields to be listed in a specific order when you hover over the visual.  Those fiels are  "Demo Set, Demo Complete, Contract, and Decision", and their values are from 4 seperate measures that I created.

Here' is what I am experiencing:stupidtooltipsordering.JPGAs you can see, the ordering is in exact opposet of how I have them listed in the tooltip box.  Reversing the order does not do anything.  It seems to be ordering by accending value.  It doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is for my end users.  

So, it was suggested that I create a custom tool tip to work around this wacky ordering issue.  But that doesn't solve my issue, because this report/model is published as a Power BI App, which has tiles embedded on to a CRM Dynamics dashboard.  The CRM Dynamics dashboards tiles won't show the custom tool tip that I developed (I've published/updated the app, but still no custom tool tip in Dynamics).  

Custom tooltip solution.png

Here is that same chart in a CRM Dynamics Dashboard:stupid crm dynamics tooltips.png

So... what am I suppose to do to meet my user requirements of having a tool tip that shows data in the order requested when viewing the report in a CRM Dynamics dashboard??

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Namkce,

You also drag the highlighted fields to the Value section of the chart. To get the expected order in Tooltips, please make sure that the fields in Value section is in  "Demo Set, Demo Complete, Contract, and Decision" order. There is an example for your reference.
1.PNG

Rehards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Namkce
Advocate III

@v-yuezhe-msft,

I guess it's a little confusing... when you order stack bars, the first value is the bottom bar... second value is the second bottom bar, and so on...

We wanted to be able to set the order of the tooltip so that when people read the bar graph top to bottom, the values are shown in the same sequence.  

From what you're telling me, it does not seem like this is possible.  Can you at least report the issue with the custom tooltip not displaying in the CRM Dashboards?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Namkce,

When you drag same fields to Value section and Tooltips section of the chart,  the order of these fields are determined by the order of fields in Value section.

However, if you don't include same Value fields in Tooltips section, the order is determined by the Tooltips fields.

Regards,
Lydia