Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Titles lost when modifying "Export data" settings online - October 2018 Update Issues

If you attempt to change "Export data" settings online under "Reports" "Export data" titles are lost. You may or not be able to recover titles.

To duplicate:

1) Post a report with a custom title - example white letters on a blue background.

2) Modify data settings online under "Reports" - gear icon - select none under "Export data."

3) Refresh your report - titles will be gone and they will be replaced by blanks or header text.

4) Try to recover titles by reverting to original data settings by selecting "Summarized data and underlying data" - you may or may not have success depending on original settings in PBI Desktop prior to publishing to service.

I've tried this on multiple reports, the titles are always lost - some can be recovered others not.

Example: 

With titles:

With Titles

Titles lost after modifying settings:

titles lost

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@wknelson,

I make a test in Power  BI Desktop October version ( 2.63.3272.40461), then I publish the PBIX file to Power BI Service and change export data settings, however, the custom title doesn't lost after I refresh the report, You can check my PBIX file.

Meanwhile, would you please share the PBIX file so that I can test?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

wknelson
Advocate II

@v-yuezhe-msft

Yes, your example works OK. I have posted a file here as an example of the issue. Screenshots below.

Ken

Titles.jpgTitles_gone.jpgsettings.jpg

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@wknelson,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 90028259. Will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also had problems when changing this setting in the web version. I lost a bunch of title and border formatting across all of my reports (I should have checked after the first one). I was able to change the setting in the desktop, and re-upload reports to get the formatting back, so all is well now. I was trying to save some time by doing in it the web, so I'm glad this was reported! Thank you.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@wknelson,

I got response from PG:

"Known issue, fix will be deployed to production next week. All areas will be updated by end of next Friday. Workaround is to avoid changing report-level properties or re-set the specific visual properties (title, data color, etc) and save again".

Regards,
Lydia

wknelson
Advocate II

@v-yuezhe-msft issue seems to be fixed but now new issue with latest update to filter pane. If you make changes to visual options in the service you lose the new sidebar filter experience. 

To duplicate:

Publish report with new filter pane experience

View report - confirm new filter experience

Change visual options under report settings

View report - new filter pane experience will be lost - old black fiter bar replaces the new pane experience.

Ken

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@wknelson,

For the new issue, please open a new thread describing it.

Regards,
Lydia