Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Title Conditional Formatting will not use local measures

I cannot select measures that have been defined in a report connected to a Power BI dataset as the field for conditional formatted tables.

Comments
v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @TomSteinbrecher ,

When setting conditional formattings, if choosing "Field value" as "Format by", only columns are available, all measures including those created in current file (in my test, it's [Measure]) or those were generated in the connected Power BI dataset (in my test, it's [count]) are greyed out.

1.PNG

If choosing other options like "Rules", all numeric measures are available.

2.PNG

For the requirement you mentioned above, I would suggest you submit an idea here.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Dnaimool
Regular Visitor

I have Experienced the same issue, when I attempt to use a measure that I have created locally as a tittle, it appears greyed out.

camvt2014
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing this issue through the Dec 2019 release - I'm attempting to apply conditional formatting via "field value" from a custom measure specified in a report utilizing a PBI dataset. 

2020-02-11_16-50-56.jpg

Dnaimool
Regular Visitor

Apparently it is intentional and a function of Direct query data connections

jswift
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue as above. My PowerBI file is connected to a SSAS model and I have added a custom measure for the purposes of displaying a custom visual title. I cannot select any value in the 'Format by Field value' option. This includes table columns and measures from the SSAS model as well as any custom measure i create in the Power BI file.

Any idea how to get around this issue, or is there a plan to have this rectified?

Thank you