Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Timeline slicer including extra day

Hey folks,

Just noticed that the Timeline Slicer is for some reason including the first day of the next period...is this the expected behavior? This seems to be happening for all of the granularities. I'm using the latest version available on the Store: 1.3.21

Example 1: Selecting a single day, but a simple table view of data shows two days:

extraday.png

Example 2: Similar issue when selecting a single week: Two sundays included:

extraweek.png

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@bahlvin

I'm not able to repro the same issue on my side with latest July 2017 version of PBI Desktop and PBI Service. Do you have a PBIX file which can be used to repro? You can share it to me through online file service like OneDrive.

Timeline slicer including extra day_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Chris_Hittink
Regular Visitor

Hi there, I'm having the same issue now. Since my business stakeholders rely on my powerbi dashboards to report quarterly numbers, they are having a big issue. Sending you an example is not possible because the file is solely for internal use. It basically come down to the exact issue that bahlvin described, it's adding days that should not be included after filtering using the timeline.

Best Regards,

Chris

a_shamshur
Regular Visitor

Hi!
I have the same problem. By the way, it doesn't always show, sometimes it works fine for "week"-level, but adds 1 day on "day"-level of time hierarchy.

This issue causes great troubles for our company, because we have a lot of reports using time slicer.
Here is my example on powerBI Desktop (2.48.4792.721 64-bit) (same proble in web):
I choose 8th of july, but data table also displays 9th of july.
example_data.PNGexample_bug_time_slicer.PNG

here is link to the same problem on community forum:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Timeline-slicer-including-extra-day/m-p/209105

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@bahlvin @a_shamshur @Chris_Hittink

I can repro the same issue with another old pbix file. I’ve reported it internally to Power BI Team: CRI 42176773
I’ll post here once I get any update about it.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Nobleda1
Regular Visitor

Very strange because the timeline slicer has stopped working for me and my colleagues.

Rvn86
Helper I

Any update to this? Timeline slicer is not working as expected. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Rvn86

Custom Visuals team is investigating this issue.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-haibl-msft
Employee

Hi All,

Issue is fixed and published to production environment (v. 1.4.1)

Best Regards,
Herbert