Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Timeline is not working when selects the fiscal year from slicer.

Hi,

Timeline slicer is not working powerBI service after publising. but this is working till 23/July/2018. Later from 24/Jul/2018 all reports where timeline with selected fiscal year is not changeing anything as shown in below. but the same thing working fine in power bi desktop.

Here i have taken example 2019 and 2018 fiscal year from slicer. in desktop is working as expected problem only after published into powerbi service.

PowerBi desktop:

PowerBi Desktop 1.PNGPowerBi Desktop 2.PNG

PowerBi Service after publising.

PowerBi Service 1.PNGPowerBi Service 2.PNG

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vinodsingamsett,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Please ensure you are using the latest Timeline slicer visual. 

q4.PNGq6.PNG

Also you could test if our report has the same issue on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

vinodsingamsett
Frequent Visitor

Hi Qiuyun Yu @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for the replay I have tested your report, I can see same issue as shown below. 

PowerBI Desktop.PNG

Note: I am using the latest version of PowerBI Desktop and Timeline Slicer as shown below.

PowerBI Desktop Version.PNGTimeline Slicer.PNG 

Observation when I click on Focos mode are if i go any other tab and come back its working fine. as shown below.

Focus Mode:

Focus Mode.PNG

Timeline Slicer.PNG

Back to Report:

Back to the report.PNG

As shown above happening in PowerBi service aswell. Kindly help me out from this issus. 

vinodsingamsett
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Did you get a chance to look into the issue. can you please confirm customer needs to fix this ASAP. do we have any workaroud similar to the timeline slicer?

Appriciate your help Thanks

vinodsingamsett
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Can we expect this issue can fix by next release?

Thanks,

Vinod Singamsetty

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @vinodsingamsett,

The same issue has been reported internally before: CRI 79556503. Fixed version will be deployed by end of August. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is still broken and there have been no updates on when a fix will be forthcoming. I had really hoped that they would deliver by the end of August.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated September 14th.

This is still broken in my reports after downloading the new timeline in PowerBi and replacing the visualization in the reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is working now. I'm not sure when it was updated.