Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Timeline Slider - The label adds one year to my date

The timeline slider labels does show my dates ending in 2020 as ending in 2021 and by dates ending in 2021 as ending in 2022
The slicer visual show the dates correctly so this gives me confidence the issue is with the visual

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I have tested on my side, it works well.

Could you please share your sample pbix file and screenshot, that will be a great help.

Regards,

Lin

davidgraves7

Hi Lin

Please see the screenshot below

davidgraves7_0-1623052042803.png

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

To my knownledge, 'show as a table' not works in all slicer, including built-in slicer and custom slicer.

4.JPG

above red part is its visual label.

Regards,

Lin

davidgraves7

Hi Lin

Thank you for looking into this 🙂

The visual label is the thing that is adding one year to the date. I only have dates from 2020 in thie report and 1 false date in 2021 that I added as an experiment. The visual label is showing Oct 2021 yet I only have dates in Oct 2020. Note the labels above each cell are also showing the year + 1. 
The data displayed in the rest of the report is being filtered by the slicer. The filtering action is working correctly. The data in the other visuals are from October 2020, not October 2021 as implied by the labels in the date slider visual.

davidgraves7_1-1623057012666.png

I created a new page in the report to show the invoice date (Circled) in two visuals. 
I have then circled the date labels to highlight that in one visual the dates are shown correctly and in the next they are not.

davidgraves7_2-1623057269169.png

davidgraves7

Hi Lin

I found a potential cause for the problem
The below screenshot shows I added two new slicers to the page and reassigned invoice date to them both
The dates were correctly displayed in the labels.
I kept the bottom slicer untouched.
I changed the fiscal year of the top slicer from January to April. This changed the labels so the Quarters are now correct (for my circumstances) but now the years have gone up by 1?

davidgraves7_0-1623057815150.png

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

that should be the reason for it.(Custom fiscal year)

Regards,

Lin

davidgraves7

Hi Lin,

Thank you for continuing to help

How do I do that? 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

Custom fiscal year should be the reason for it.

Regards,

Lin