Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Timeline Slicer is broken in the latest release

This is the specific Power BI Visual published by Microsoft that is currently broken:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104380786?src=office&tab=Overview

This was working as desired before updating to the July 2018 version of Power BI.

I use a Year slicer using the same Date field that I use for the Timeline Slicer. If I have the year 2017 selected in the Year slicer, I see all 12 months in the timeline slicer. If I then select 2018 in the Year slicer, the Timeline Slicer should update to show all months in 2018 up to the current month (August). But instead it is showing all 12 months. If I try to select a month, the timeline slicer refreshes the data/visuals on the page, but does not filter down to the selected month in those visuals. In fact even the Timeline Slicer itself refreshes, but does not indicate that you have made a selection.

If I click on another report page and then click back to this report page, the page will then update and show only the appropriate months and the Timeline slicer acts as expected. At least until I select Year 2017 in the Year slicer. Then it refreshes the visuals on the page and the Timeline slicer will only display the months through August for 2017 and similary will refresh the visuals on the page when you select a month, but does not actual filter the visuals down to that month or even indicate that a month was selected.

This was all working in previous versions of Power BI.

Broken2017.PNGWorking2017.PNG

The top image shows the broken timeline slicer, I then switched to page 2 in the report and then back to page 1 and took a screenshot of the working slicers.

Please help!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported the issue internally: CRI 79556503. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Fixed version will be deployed by end of August due to safe deployment process that takes at least 2 weeks.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any chance I can get an early copy to test with? I would like to help confirm that this issue is indeed resolved.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thanks for your great kindness Smiley Happy. I don't have the copy of the upcoming version. I would suggest you wait for the release. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I please get an update on this @v-qiuyu-msft. This is still broken and an update was not posted in August.

Also, many of us are waiting for additional sizing options, I would love to see a much more compact version of this slicer made available.

Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Updated September 14th.

This is still broken in my reports after downloading the new timeline in PowerBi and replacing the visualization in the reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is working now. I'm not sure when it was updated.