Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

The visual header is causing an issue when resizing a visual

When resizing a visual and the visual header touches the page border the visual resets itself back to it's original size. This makes for a very disjointed experience when trying to design.

Animated GIF of Issue

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Power BI Desktop Version: 2.72.5556.801 64-bit (August 2019)
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue, please share pbix file with us if possible. Please remove sensitive data in your report, upload pbix file to your OneDrive, paste the share link here. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aqc0lWbYdtddjLVPgVitpjBsTW9ovA?e=a8JBE4

The visual header has to be displayed when dragging.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your sample file. I tested with your file on my side, it's able to resize the visual as expected. Would you please test again on your side? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft . But the issue is still apparent.

In your screen capture you aren't enacting the issue condition. It occurs when the visual header is below the visual and when the visualisation size is dragged so that the visual header touches the report page boundary. This then causes the visual to snap back to it's starting position.

See how the visual header dragged past the page boundary causes it to snap backSee how the visual header dragged past the page boundary causes it to snap backThe visual header has to touch the page boundaryThe visual header has to touch the page boundary

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your detail explanation. Before resizing the visual, it's better to highlight the actual visual header space, the move slowly till the visual header section touches the bottom side of the report page. You can test with our sample report on your side. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft but with all due respect this is not good UX behaviour and should be corrected and I feel needs to be logged with the development team to consider for repair. At minimum the "snap back" should be removed.

Also it stops the visual being sized to the full size of the page which was the intent of the movable visual header otherwise we are just inverting the original issue of when the header was locked to the top of the visual and we couldn't move a visual to the top of the page.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I have delivered your concern internally to PG team: CRI 146099092. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

The issue will be fixed in October release. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu