Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

The report server has 'undefined' text all over it

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you display the report in Power BI report server? If so, what is the version of your Power BI report server? And what is the Power BI Desktop version do you use?

I make a test in Power BI Desktop (Optimized for Power BI Report Server - August 2018)  and upload the PBIX file to the followning version of Power BI report server, everything works well. Could you please share your PBIX file through Private message? I will test it on my side.
1.PNG2.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft, how do I send you a private message? I don't see any button...

I can't tell you the Desktop version at this moment, but I've published the report in December and all looked well. When I came back and opened the report in the Server, it was having the problem I've reported. It looks very bad, please, assist asap as the report is available to wholde management of the company thus very important to fix it fast.

Also I see that some of the tiles are not fully visible... That all looked fine a month ago.

And I can't find the way to see Power Bi Server version... Some of the steps are not intuitive on Power Bi at all...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuezhe-msft, can you, please, assist ASAP?? or else tell me who to contact. My company is paying for the licence and I guess we should expect timely help on urgent cases.

Thank you!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

You can upload PBIX file to OneDrive and post shared link of this file via Private Message. For more details about how to send private message, please check this post.

In addition, do you upload PBIX file to Power BI Service or Power BI report server?

Regards,
Lydia

pratiksingh1
Regular Visitor

We are having this issue as well.

We are experiencing the issue with only certain users within Power BI Service. Only 1 user has reported this issue as of thus far but our entire company's management, roughly a size of 500 active users, uses the workspace for daily reporting. 

The reports for that user are distorted and "undefined" text appear on many sections of the reports accross the workspace. The visuals are not in the fixed places and many visuals dont load or load half-way. Scroll function is also gone for these reports.

It seems as if the cloud service is unable to retrieve the metadata and load the reports properly.

Since this is a hosted cloud space we as developers are really unable to see what issues may be causing this, I am assuming it may be memory related.

This is a HUGE issue. I am assuming it is recent looking at this post. I know there was a recent release and I think this may have caused this.

Please assist and post if people are finding the same issue!!!!!!

pratiksingh1
Regular Visitor

Sample IssueSample Issue

I have attached a sample issue. You can see the undefined on the date range selector, as well as the name cards are not loading and distorted.

Unfortunately I cannot show much more for security reasons, but for this user, this issue is persisting in all of the reports within the workspace.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pratiksingh1, I've solved the issue by updating the browser. I'm using Firefox. Hope that will solve the issue for you

radamstx

We are affected by this issue as well. We've been able to narrow it down to affecting those using FF 52.9.0 ESR (and potentially older). Unfortunately for us, it is not as easy as just upgrading FF versions to the next ESR, FF 60.4.0. @v-yuezhe-msft, do you have an ETA as to when MSFT will be looking into this issue?

Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 3.17.17 PM.png