Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

The query referenced column XXX which depends on another column, relationship or ...

PowerBI works perfectly from PowerBI Desktop. After publishing it works for a while (10m to hours). Then all visuals start failing with "Couldn't load the data for this visual"

Note: The pbix uses the preview feature "DirectQuery for Power BI datasets and Azure Analysis Services (preview)"

The query referenced column XXX which depends on another column, relationship or measure that is not in a valid state. Additional information: ''.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID: 8f9d45a0-4bf0-4493-a3e5-e858f656a1f4
Request ID: cae2d5c2-bcaf-da62-81f5-9f38c19b6d94
Correlation ID: 22b2270a-06f0-47ea-63ea-316c7b991529
Time: Tue Jan 18 2022 14:35:08 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.17576.19
Client version: 2201.4.09484-train
Cluster URI: https://df-msit-scus-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally

Problem description: Customer has an intermittent issue of visuals failing to load (Couldn`t load the data for this visual)

Feature(s) involved: Power BI Service - Premium Capacity – DirectQuery

ICM: 282924727

In the latest update of this ICM, the engineers are still investigating this issue.

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally

Problem description: Customer has an intermittent issue of visuals failing to load (Couldn`t load the data for this visual)

Feature(s) involved: Power BI Service - Premium Capacity – DirectQuery

ICM: 282924727

In the latest update of this ICM, the engineers are still investigating this issue.

I will update here once I get any information.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

MichaelFP
Employee

Any news for this - it is blocking our internal work.  My team pings me daily for status on this.

Please note that the issue is NOT intermittent.   These visual do NOT come back online.   Only way to recover is to republish, and that only helps for a very short duration (<1 hr). 

Don't hesitate to reach out if needed.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to the latest update, the engineers are talking with the customers to try to re-design and optimize their data model to find a solution to this issue. So I think this is an issue that targeted at their specific data model and Power BI report.

In my opinion, if you want to get a solution for this kind of visual display problem as soon as possible, I suggest you to open a support ticket to get direct help from the technical support team of Microsoft to have a remote session them to help you to make sure if this is an issue existing in the Power BI.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

MichaelFP
Employee
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

OK, thanks for your corporation!

jasonxmba22
Regular Visitor

Hi, would you please provide an update on this issue? I'm getting the same error. I have a PBI dataset in my model. It works in PBI Desktop but getting this error once published in PBI Service and dataset is refreshed. 

Couldn't load the data for this visual

The query referenced column 'Departments'[Commitments] which depends on another column, relationship or measure that is not in a valid state. Additional information: ''.

Activity ID: d83fcfb7-6779-4986-9e88-67ba1732dfcc
Request ID: 6fd59325-3695-30c7-28aa-d043baddfda6
Correlation ID: 9931825d-e946-3068-402f-5327c38cdb02
Time: Sun Jun 19 2022 21:54:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Service version: 13.0.18489.36
Client version: 2206.2.11758-train
Cluster URI: https://45f26ee5f134439ebc93e6c7e33d61c2-api.analysis.windows.net/