Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

The option to embed on web is gone, reports not displaying online

I already commented on another submitted issue but got no response (http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/report-embed-problem-with-Browser/idc-p/150864#M5308), so I'm creating a new issue here.

I have a report embeded into a SharePoint site, but it says "This Content Is not Available". I checked my PowerBI online tool and the option to embed a link/share to web is no longer there, only "save as", "export to ppt", "download", "print".  So not only is a previous report no longer available on the web, but now I am not able to share at all through the web. (see imated below)

here's the the link to my report that is embedded in SharePoint but no longer is available: 

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjRlMjEwMDEtNDhiNS00NWEyLWI4NzMtZjc4YTQwMmVkMjIxIiwidCI6IjViM...

ALSO - I keep trying to add this to "Issues" forum, but it keeps taking me to "New Idea". I'm frustrated...

embedisue_1.PNGembedisue_2.PNG

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Aguerra14

The Power BI (Preview) web part for SharePoint Online requires new SharePoint features to be enabled. Your tenant needs to be enrolled in the Set up the Standard or First Release options in Office 365 program to use this feature. Please check if this option has been enabled correctly.

Publish to Web can be disabled from the Admin portal. Within Tenant settings, turn Publish to Web to Off. This is a tenant wide setting. Please check if this option is Enabled.

Publish to web is supported for the vast majority of data sources and reports in the Power BI service, however, the following are not currently supported or available with Publish to web. Please check if your report is supported here.

Reports using row level security.
Reports using Analysis Services Tabular hosted on premises.
Reports shared to you directly or through an organizational content pack.
Reports in a group in which you are not an edit member.
"R" Visuals are not currently supported in Publish to web reports.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Aguerra14
Regular Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks for the response but unfortunately it wasn't helpful. I tried what you suggested but I don't have access to the Admin Portal, it isn't even an option available for me. Probably because I am not an admin. Now, this is important to note: I have used this embedded link option before, and the report was already published to SharePoint and was working for weeks before the content became unavailable. Additionally, i no longer have the ability to share an embedded link (see image above). The question is: what would cause this change? Was it my adminostrator? If so, how might they have done this? Or, was is it a bug?