Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

The gateway operation has been cancelled explicitly by the user or from a timeout - MY SQL

Hello,

Our report - which is based on MY SQL Queries - seems to experience difficulties regarding the scheduled refresh. This is the error that we got back: 

If anyone can offer any advice or provide further information that would be highly appreciatedGateway Refresh ErrorGateway Refresh Error

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here.

Using MSSQL Server.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue but my data sources are excel files and salesforce.

DamienW
Frequent Visitor

I was advised by another member in the community to remove and re-upload the datasets & associated reports. 

This did seem to resolve the synching issue, however this is probably more a work around as opposed to a solution.

kyr
Advocate I
Advocate I

Prior MYSQL is running on low configuration server, As per my team suggestion client has upgraded there server last Sunday .Nowadays datasets refreshes are running fine.

Shamatix
Post Partisan

I am having the same issue on all my datasets now! This is annoying and I cant tell out customers anything .... because I really aint sure how to fix this. Besides from that I have tried to remove the dataset / reports and reupload, didnt help.

WATYF
Helper II
Same issue. Out of four primary datasets, only one is having this issue even though all of them refresh from the same database. I'm using the API to trigger my refreshes, and the database is on SQL Server. The one that is failing only fails occasionally (every few days) and it also happens to have the most records of all the datasets.
khakz
Regular Visitor

Using a smaller dataset for testing allowed us to track our problem.

The culprit turned out to be an invalid datetime value in the database (0016-XX-XX instead of 2016-XX-XX) which didn't pose a problem if data was upload through Power BI desktop but gave an error with the gateway.

For same reason the error reported with the test dataset has different and much more specific:

Data source error:        Not a legal OleAut date.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface.

instead of what we had before:

The gateway operation has been cancelled explicitly by the user or from a timeout

Correcting the value in the database solved the problem with our real dataset and scheduled refreshes are working now.

Shamatix
Post Partisan

@khakz

Where did you find that log? I am having so many issues and going insane soon, I have no problem inside the power bi desktop it self to update the data, but the connector struggles a ton!

efigoldman
Frequent Visitor

Same here

efigoldman
Frequent Visitor

same here frustrating...