Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

The amount of single row data on the gateway client has reached the maximum MB size of single row

Once I publish my report, in the PowerBI site I got a below-mentioned error, may I know why that error message is showing and how to fix it.

The amount of single row data on the gateway client has reached the maximum MB size of single row You will need to determine what the row is from your data source and attempt to filter it out or reduce the size for that row.

I am using direct query mode.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kskarthick,

Which action do you perform on Power BI service for the report then cause the issue occurs? 

There are some limitations about DirectQuery: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-visualization-export-data#limitations-and-conside...

In your scenario, please reduce the size of their columns and/or reduce the total number of columns in Power BI desktop then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

kskarthick
Advocate I

Hi,

Thank you for the information.

Once I published my report I got the above error without any interactions, that because of report load all data.

After I verified my report, by selecting a value in a slicer I got the issue, because the selected value is having more data, on the same slicer if I select other items, not showing the error, that is due to other items having fewer data.

As you suggested I need to check by reducing the column.

May I know the limitation for direct query exactly?

Above link is for export I think so.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kskarthick,

I mean you need to reduce columns or rows if they are not used. There is no documentation points this limit for DirectQuery. 

I saw the same error for DirectQuery mode is reported internally: CRI 79061275. 

In your scenario, please optimize your query to ensure you don't hit the limitation: max size limit is 4 MB for a Row and overall size of the incoming data which should NOT exceed > 16 MB.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

kskarthick
Advocate I

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

As you suggested I reduced one column which having more data, its loaded in PBI Desktop, once I publish in Power BI site, if I make same interaction again the same issue came.

The size limit you mentioned above comment is for Power BI Pro license if we have a premium license also same issue will arise.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @kskarthick,

I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support from Microsoft engineers. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu