Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

The action icons are not showing for the dataset with a long name

The action icons (circled in red) are not showing for the dataset with a long name (circled in blue) even though I have expanded the 'Name' column to the maximum. It would be great if the 'Name' column could be extended until the action icons show instead of renaming the dataset name.

PowerBI Dataset.jpg

Actions bar has shown properly in product environment now.

Comments
ASteel

Yes, I am having the same issue with some longer file names also. Please could this be reviewed and addressed as a priority so the full file name can be seen and the options buttons displayed.

Can this have the same functionality as Windows Explorer where unlimted widths can be set?

Many thanks,

Alex

Lillypilly

Hi,
Yes I am experiencing the same issue lately, previously I had no issue with this. Is there any update lately in Power BI service? 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @chongmin @ASteel,

Issue has been reported internally(ICM 309801956). Will sync here once there is any update. Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

TrevLc
Advocate I

I have the same issue.. was about to report it when I saw this. Would like to be updated when the issue is fixed

chongmin
Frequent Visitor

Hi there,

Thank you for fixing the issue. All 3 action icons are showing regardless of the length of dataset name.

Cheers,

Min

ASteel

Hi,

I note that the three action icons are now visible, however the width of the 'Name' column is restricted and therefore the full file name cannot be easily seen - only by hovering over the file.

Although shortening the file name is a workaround, is it possible to remove the restriction to allow unlimited width of this column.

Thanks,

Alex

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Actions bar has shown properly in product environment now.