Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. Timeout value: 225 sec

Hi - I am using Power BI Embedded and am all the way up to the A5 dedicated resources (50gb) because I thought that was the issue with some of my visuals "exceeding memory resources".  However, it seems to be a time based issue.

I get this message on the technical details: "The XML for Analysis request timed out before it was completed. Timeout value: 225 sec"

The PBI file itself is only 70mb, but there are dozens of measures/algorithms running to perform multi-year scenarios.  Some of the visuals may take 5 minutes or so to render in my PBI Desktop app and top out at like 16gb of memory usage, but I can't get them to load on A5 dedicated resources because they exceed 225 sec.  

Is there some place to change this setting?

FYI - most people chime in on problems like this saying "filter your data, optimize your queries, etc...." I'm not looking for that kind of advice, but rather how to exceed this 225 sec timeout.

Thanks!

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@facilitydax ,

This issue should be caused by exceeding the "server timeout" time. Haven't you found any option which can change the timeout time in your embedded capacity settings? 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

facilitydax
Frequent Visitor

@v-yuta-msft ,

I don't see any settings whatsoever related to timeout time in the embedded capacity settings unless you can give you specific directions where that is.

Thanks,

chavanr
Resolver I

Hi @v-yuta-msft 

Can you please provide some info around settings in P1 capacity which will help to over come the timeout issue?

Many thanks,