cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Last Refresh Attempt Failed because of an internal service error.

We started to get this message yesterday on a dataset that has been refreshing fine for a couple of years and any attempted scheduled or on demand refreshes of the dataset have failed with the same message since. This Dataset is used as a base for multiple reports and connected Excel sheets. The fix seems to be to delete the dataset from the service and republish from the desktop version but I suspect this would result in a new guid for the dataset and would break any linked Excel sheets and we would need to connect up the reports again. Is there another solution that would maintain the existing guid and connections? The details of my dataset are as follows;

• Activity Id -be12a5b1-5a76-49e4-ae14-b360281f2abe
  • Request Id - fcda7535-7a69-453b-bbb2-5f0a0dbdbf9a
  • Cluster Uri - WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-H-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Refresh Time - 2022-07-01 05:54:47Z

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @Mort3575 ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 316944053 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-caitlyn-mstf
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Mort3575 ,

We have reproduced your issue and have submitted to internal icm 316944053 , engineers are doing their best to fix this issue . please be patient and I will give you feedback here once there is any progress.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn