Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

The DAX Formula Bar is working differently

Hi,

Please someone from Power BI community help me in figuring this out. I started my power BI today and while inputing the DAX measure, it's looking and well working differently. Please help me in understanding do I need to alter any setting or why it's working this way. 

Below is the image of Power BI formula bar. It has the square box icon and slightly different in using also.

@GuyInACube @Anonymous 

Error.png

Comments
JWedge
Helper II

@Anonymous was in a measure (didn't happen to try column) and didn't matter how I was using it. Same problem cropped up with CALCULATE as well but thankfully has gone after a few restarts...

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@kavitabehera 

As mentioned in link below, there will be an update to October release later soon. You may post feedback there.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/DAX-IntelliSense-October-2021-Crash/idc-p/2158973/highlight/...

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

jacobstaines

I cant find the variable when i am trying to create a measure. For example, ill type =calculate (sum('...........) and none of my table variables will display. even if i start tpying main datbase, it only shows one of my colum variables. This is a horrible update that has broken my ability to write anything new.

ANTHE
Frequent Visitor

@JEJLERSEN 

I'm also using semicolons as separators and faced the same issues with the new Intellisense thing...
After updating my PowerBI desktop, I still had the issue but for some reason after a clicking on a few measures my separators went back to normal ... very strange but it's fixed ...

JEJLERSEN
Frequent Visitor

@ANTHE Thanks, Anthe! The update seems to have solved the issue 🙂

CraigsterT
Advocate I

Has that update REALLY solved your issues ? I have just used someone elses PC with the October update installed - not sure exactly what update at this stage but from my recent experience it was as poor a user experice as before I dropped the update and downgraded back to the September release - I also commented on this previously . My issue has now been marked as 'Delivered' but I am highly skeptical and so I have stayed with the September update - what gets me is the complete silence on this - there has been no mention of this intellisense disaster anywhere , why? They change a button and it's all over the place - change the intellisense and not even a passing remark. Sound and feels very odd to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft     @CraigsterT      I totally agree.  

Not sure how this issue could be marked as solved.   The new editor is horrible.   I cannot even see what field to select when the formula gets to close to the visualization pane.   It cuts everything off and I have no way to know which one to select...it just becomes a guessing game.  

Really horrible update....please just go back to the old editor which worked perfectly fine.